Sugar Cookie Sundae Cups. These are really fun and easy Fourth of July treats. The kids can help make them and you can change up the kind of cookies, ice cream, and sauce you use to make endless variations.
This is a super cute, easy, cool and refreshing Patriotic dessert!
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
zest of 1 lemon
Sugar Cookie dough in squares (I used Pillsbury)
Red, White, and Blue sprinkles
Half Gallon of vanilla ice cream (I used Breyers)
Mini muffin pan (24 cups)
To Make Strawberry Sauce:
- Cut up frozen strawberies
- place strawberries, sugar, and water in a sauce pan
- Simmer on low to medium heat for 10 minutes
- add Lemmon zest and cool completely
- blend in blender til smooth
To make Cookie Cups:
- Open Cookie Dough Squares and sprinkle half of sprinkles on top
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Place one square in each mini muffin cup sprinkle side down. (you can make 12 large ones in regular size muffin cups with 2 squares in each cup)
- Press dough to the sides of the muffin cup.
- Sprinkle more sprinkles on top of each cookie.
- Bake and cool as directed on package of cookies.
- Use a 2oz scoop and scoop out ice cream into each cup.
- Top with Strawberry Sauce and whipped cream