These super cute and easy Halloween Cupcakes are my favorite thing to bring to a party. I am not only trying to blog every week now, but I am also trying to get more creative, so sharing an old favorite seemed like the perfect idea.
These would be super cute for a kids party, a girls night out, a girls night in…however you want to party! And since there is a fresh strawberry in there they are healthy…bahaha!
While they aren’t healthy I do think the thing that makes them extra special is the Strawberries. You can actually make these strawberries and serve by themselves, or add to garnish a tray of cookies and brownies.
These Halloween cupcakes take less than an hour to make if you make the cupcakes, then the chocolate covered strawberries and then the buttercream frosting.
TIME SAVER TIP: If you need a lot of these you can buy unfrosted cupcakes from your local bakery and add your own buttercream and strawberries. I did this when I needed 300 cupcakes for a catered event!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 24 Strawberries washed and dried
- 1 1/2 cup Nestle Toll house White chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup Orange melting chocolate wafers
- 24 edible balls for eyes
- 1 package Devils food cake mix (prepared according to package directions)
- cupcake liners
- 3 sticks butter
- 5 cups confectionary sugar
- 2 T whole milk or cream
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 14 drops green food coloring
- 22 drops purple food coloring
Make the Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
- Pick the most perfect berries, wash and dry the strawberries.
- Cut the green top off of half of the berries (for the ghosts)
- Lay the cut side down on a paper towel to remove moisture
- Melt the white chocolate in shallow dish. Melt in microwave 15 seconds at a time. Stirring after each 15 second period. Total should be no more than 60 seconds.
- Place strawberry on the end of a knife and dip into chocolate. Swirling around until completely covered.
- Add 2 eyes to each ghost while chocolate still melted.
- Carefully place on paper towel to dry.
8. Repeat with Orange candy melts to make Pumpkin Strawberries.
Make the Cupcakes
- You can use any cake mix you like. I used Duncan Hines Devil Food Cake mix. You just add oil and eggs to this mix and blend. You could also make also make cake from scratch, but right now I am all about easy!
- Follow package instructions to cook and then allow time to cool. I used cupcake liners so it was easy to pull right from pan and would cool quicker.
Make Buttercream Frosting
- Cut Butter into cubes
- Add confectionary sugar and blend on medium speed with a hand mixer
- Add milk, Vanilla extract, and food coloring then blend until smooth and creamy
4. Place Buttercream Frosting in a pastry bag with a star tip. Twist top of bag to close and hold closed with one hand while applying pressure with other hand
5. To frost cupcakes start on the outside of the cupcake and squeeze out frosting in a circle. Continue to fill in the circle, go around and around building up to a point.
Place a Strawberry on each, and ENJOY!